So I figured I would start a blog! I have been thinking about it for quite sometime now. I used to keep my own little journal and write in it everyday sometime ago. I always liked writting, for reasons that are obvious. I think its good for the heart and soul. Just to let everything out and let people read it who may be in the same situations as I am and for people to better understand the person I am. I like helping other people, I really do. Its a passion of mine. I also love reading other peoples blogs!!
I dont know where I should start, because most people know the basics about myself. That my name is Courtney, and I am 24 years young with a daughter who is 2 years old. Everyone know that child is my whole entire world. I also have a boyfriend, of 7 1/2 years!! I know, I know, we should be married, but for good reasons we are not, and we are fine with that, right now. We WILL get married one day though, and I am so excited about it. He is great! Now onto what I do!! I go to school at Vincennes University in Jasper. I have always LOVED babies, and had hoped to work with them someday. So my major is nursing, hopefully in pediatrics. When I went in to deliver Hailey is when I had my heart set on working with babies. What a joy it would be to help save those precious lives.
And onto WHY i decided to go back to school. Sure, I dropped out of High School, which to this day I still regret, but thats over and done with and I cant go back and change time, so I try not to dwell on it too much. I did get my GED which is perfectly fine with me. Anyway, I was NEVER interested in going to college. It wasnt until after I had Hailey that everything changed. She is seriously a gift from God. That littlee human being has changed my life in every way possible. Who knew!!?? I owe her more then I can ever give her. She deserves the world and then some, but I do my best and I hope she is happy with it. From the time I got pregnant, I had never felt better, I mean I felt AMAZING!! Through my whole pregnancy it was just fantastic. I dont know what it was, but I was on top of the world. I guess it has something to do with that tiny "baby" inside your body that you just want to protect and keep safe. I never drank soda, never took a tylenol, never ate foods I wasnt supposed to, and the list goes on...Did you know there are ALOT of things your not supposed to do while your pregnant? LOL Well I followed every rule I could find. It was insane, people thought I was crazy, but I wasnt, I was just protecting my baby!! I would do anything to keep her safe. So, little miss Hailey is who I have to thank for everything I have had in my life for almost 3 years now. I dont want to leave Shaun out though, I mean, he is my hero!!! He has done so much for me, and sacrificed so much that I could never repay him either.
Do we want more kids?? Absolutly!! I really cant wait to have another one. I am so excited at the mere thought of another one. I get so excited just thinking about it. Of course, Shaun would have another one right now, but its not the right time. But when it is, its on!! haha. I had to have a c-section when I had Hailey. I induced at 3cm....and was in labor for 13 hours.....when it came time to push...I pushed for 2 hours!! After those 2 hours, it was determined that my pelvic bone is too small to deliver a baby vaginally. Its a total bummer! I dont want to go through another c-section, its a scary though, and a major surgery! I have been doing some research on a VBAC(vaginal birth after caesarean ) Its super hard to find a doctor around here who will do them, because there are risks! My labor and delivery was not the way I had planned it to be. Who is in labor for 13 hours and feels NOTHING but two contractions??? Ok, so some people are reading this saying, why are you complaining about that? Well, because I would have liked to know what my body was going through. I feel like I got ripped off because I didnt get to experience something so special. Oh and not to mention I was so drugged up that I dont even remember anything after Hailey was born. I dont even remember going back to my recovery room, and I didnt get to see Hailey until the next day!! And even then, I was still so drugged up that I couldnt stay awake. So its safe to say that with my next, things will be ALOT different.
OK, so I am done for right now. I am going to watch Clueless. It has been SOOO long since I have seen this movie.
There is more to come, so stay tuned!


No comments:
Post a Comment