Monday, March 26, 2012

too much to do...too little time...

Here I am at almost midnight struggling with my daughter to get her to go to sleep! Yep, shes up watching her DVD player and talking, talking, talking. I have told her more then 10 times to go to sleep or else....well...she knows I wont do anything so she doesnt stop. haha. Shaun always tells me to follow through with punishment, but i'm too much of a softy, and when I actually do, I feel like CRAP!!!  Today, we were outside, and she kept taking my sunglasses off and I told her a few times not to do that, well on her last attempt I raised my voice at her, to let her know I was being serious. She looked at me and so seriously said "mom you don't like me?" OMG my heart sank! Did my 3 year just ask me if I liked her?? "I LOVE you" I said.  "Don't you EVER think I don't like you." I have felt terrible all day because of just that, which is why I usually don't follow through or raise my voice. She has never said anything like that before and just usually apologizes for what she did wrong and we talk about it and move, but something today was just different and I didn't like it, not one bit. 
Back to the main reason I was posting, about it being so late and I feel like I have no accomplished anything today. Spent most of the day outside, laying out and studying. Boooo. Had school tonight, and here I am, still in my clothes I wore today, need a shower, and I'm not the least bit tired. Story of my life I suppose. Not to mention, today I got more sun burnt then ever! HOW?? It was windy and chilly today actually, but the sun was beaming down on my with no clouds in sight. eck. It's going to hurt tomorrow. Wow, this is a run on paragraph. Oh well...I need to be doing other things then procrastinating.

1 comment:

  1. Mommy guilt is a beast. I'm sure while you were still feeling bad about that hours later...she had long since forgotten. I obviously haven't had to discipline yet...but I know it's going to be tough. I see a lot of, "I love you, but it is not okay to....blah, blah, blah" in my future. It is so hard...even at young ages, children can manipulate you to get their way!

    Shon mowed yesterday and the back of his neck is burnt...even though it was cold outside it was sunny! Gonna have to start wearing that SPF all the time!

    ReplyDelete